Hi all,

Going through the process of validating the RC's (and several validation
rounds before announcing an RC), I got tired of manually following the
steps in our release testing process [1].

Some of the steps do require that you manually work with the release,
however many of the up-front steps are easily scripted.  I put together
a generic framework for defining and running a set of release
verification instructions yesterday, including the definition of the
CloudStack release verification steps as the example configuration [2].

Feel free to use it if you think it would help you (especially the RM's
that may have to re-spin an RC over and over to ensure that it's right).

-chip

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Release+test+procedure

[2] https://github.com/chipchilders/cloudstack-release-verification-tool