On Thursday, April 25, 2013, Jörgen Maas wrote:

> As a new user (as of today) i can say the following from my personal
> experience:

Welcome - and thanks for pushing the feedback.

> The biggest hurdle (in an enterprise setting) is getting the packages for
> your platform.Building packages from source is nice and all, but in my case
> i don't have Internet access in the datacenter. So the whole maven stuff is
> pretty much a big time burner (there's also a bug somewhere wrt to calling
> /usr/bin/mvn when there's only /usr/bin/mvn3 as per the docs). I also had
> to downgrade tomcat to work around some bugs where the management service
> would just shutdown (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS).

Please file a bug for the tomcat issue.

> When the issues surrounding the packages were resolved and the management
> service was up and running it was pretty much smooth sailing from there on
> (except for the systemvm stuff).
>
> So from my point of view it would make much more sense to first align the
> releases more with the targeted distro's and provide repo's for those
> distro's.

The project officially doesn't release binaries at all - but we have some
enterprising contributors who have done just that.
Debs for Ubuntu are here:
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu
RPMs for EL6 are here:
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.0/

The above site is maintained by Wido den Hollander who is a committer and
PMC member for CloudStack.