Hi Dharmesh, Meng, Ian, Nguyen and Shiva,

Congratulations again on being selected for the 2013 Google Summer of Code.

The program has started and we are now in "community bonding period". On June
17th you will officially start to code.

I will mentor Dharmesh and Meng
Abhi will mentor Ian
Hugo will mentor Nguyen
Kelcey will mentor Shiva
I will act as overall coordinator.

While these are your official mentors from a Google perspective, the entire
CloudStack community will help you.

There are a few things to keep in mind:
-The timeline: Check [0]. Note that there are evaluations throughout the
program and that if progress is not satisfactory you can be dropped from the
program. Hopefully with terrific mentoring from us all at CloudStack this will
not happen and you will finish the program with flying colors.

-Email: At the Apache Software Foundation, official communication happen via
email, so make sure you are registered to the dev@cloudstack.apache.org (you
are). This is a high traffic list, so remember to setup mail filters and be
sure to keep the GSOC emails where you can read them, without filters you will
be overwhelmed and we don't want that to happen. When you email the list for a
GSOC specific question, just put [GSOC] at the start of the subject line.  I CC
you in this email but will not do it afterwards and just email
dev@cloudstack.apache.org

-IRC: For daily conversation and help, we use IRC. Install an IRC client and
join the #cloudstack and #cloudstack-dev on irc.freenode.net [1]. Make yourself
none and learn a few IRC tricks.

-JIRA: Our ticketing system is JIRA [2], create an account and browse JIRA, you
should already know where your project is described (which ticket number ?). As
you start working you will create tickets and subtasks that will allow us to
track progress. Students having to work on Mesos, Whirr and Provisionr will be
able to use the same account.

-Review Board [3]: This is the web interface to submit patches when you are not
an official Apache committer. Create an account on review board.

-Git: To manage the CloudStack source code we use git [4]. You will need to
become familiar with git. I strongly recommend that you create a personal
github [5] account. If you are not already familiar with git, check my
screencast [6].

-Wiki: All our developer content is on our wiki [7]. Browse it, get an account
and create a page about your project in the Student Project page [8].

-Website: I hope you already know our website :) [9]

-CloudStack University: To get your started and get a tour of CloudStack, you
can watch CloudStack University [10]

Expectations for bonding period:
*To get you on-board I would like to ask each of you to send an email
introducing yourself in couple sentences, describe your project (couple
sentences plus link to the JIRA entry and the wiki page you created), confirm
that you joined IRC and if you registered a nick tell us what it is and finally
confirm that you created an account on review board and JIRA.

*By the end of the period, I would like to see your first patch submitted. It
will be your GSOC proposal in docbook format contributed to a GSOC guide I will
create. There is no code writing involved, this will just serve as a way to
make sure you understand the process of submitting a patch and will be the
start of a great documentation of our GSOC efforts. More on that later

On behalf of everyone at CloudStack and especially your mentors (Abhi, Kelcey,
Hugo and myself) , welcome and let's have fun coding.

-Sebastien

[0] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013
[1] - http://www.freenode.net
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK