Hi Chip,

My JIRA ID is kyrameng

Thanks for checking that for me!

Best,

Meng

On Mon, 3 Jun 2013 16:55:27 -0400, Chip Childers wrote:
On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 04:52:38PM -0400, Han,Meng wrote:
Hi all,

My name is Meng Han. I am a Computer Engineering student at
University of Florida. I am interested in distributed computing,
autonomic computing, Hadoop framework and virtualization
techonologies.

I will be working on the project -Improve CloudStack Support in
Apache Whirr and Incubator-provisioner to created hadoop clusters.
As implied in the title this goal of this project is to enable
Hadoop provisioning on CloudStack via Apache Whirr and Provisionr.
Also I will add a Query API  that is compatible with Amazon Elastic
MapReduce (EMR) to CloudStack. Through this API, all hadoop
provisioning functionality will be exposed and users can reuse cloud
clients that are written for EMR to create and manage hadoop
clusters on CloudStack based clouds. Full proposal can be found here:http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/kyrameng/1

I have created my accounts on JIRA, review board, Github and wiki.

IRC nickname: meng

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1782

Skype name: kyrameng

Wiki:https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Improving+CloudStack+Support+for+Apache+Whirr+and+Incubator-provisionr+in+Hadoop+Provisioning

So excited to join you guys :O. I really appreciate this
opportunity. I am a girl asking a lot of questions. Wish you all a
productive summer!

Cheers,
Meng

Welcome Meng!

Can you let me know your Jira ID, so that I can be sure that you have
permission to assign CLOUDSTACK-1782 to yourself (and to update it's
status as you progress)?