So, here's my suggestion for 4.2:

Accept the values as they are currently required (four new fields for Wei's
feature or two new fields for mine).

The Add Disk Offering dialog needs three new radio buttons:

1) No QoS

2) Hypervisor QoS

3) Storage Qos

The admin needs to specify storage tags that only map to storage that
supports Storage QoS.

The admin needs to be aware for Hypervisor QoS that unless all hypervisors
in use support the new fields, they may not be enforced.

Post 4.3:

Come up with a way to more generally enter these parameters (probably just
key/value pairs sent to the drivers).

Have the drivers expose their feature set so the allocators can consider
them more fully and throw an exception if there is not a sufficient match.