On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:26:20PM +0200, nfoata....@orange.com wrote:
> Hi Cloudstack community,

Hi!

Sorry that nobody got back to you earlier.

> I would like to propose two developments queries if possible (see below).
> However, it seems if I want to submit them, I have to send a git diff (I can
> do it if need be).
> Is it the good way to do it or I have to follow a specific process ?

We have a couple of processes... but basically, it works like this:

1) propose the changes on this list (dev@cloudstack.apache.org).

2) if the changes are "large", then it's useful to document the changes
in a functional specification.

Here's a good example:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/API+Request+Throttling

Here's the template page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Design+Document+Template

Here's the wiki page that you would create your FS as a child page of:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Design+Documents+Not+Committed+to+a+Release

> In my mind, I thought that first we have to propose (to be sure that nobody
> done it or the community is ok),
> and then if everything goes fine, to do and send it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Have a good day,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Nicolas Foata

These look like good ideas, but could benefit the community by being
sent out as individual proposals.  We use subject line prefixes like
"[PROPOSE]" to get people attention, followed by a good subject
describing the proposal.

Can you break them out into their own threads?