Rohit,

That's a very good point about the routines, thanks for sharing how to restore them.
Hope your marriage is intact after this little adventure. :)

I'll be doing some testing shortly.

On 2024-07-11 12:52, Rohit Yadav wrote:
+0 (binding)

  *
Tested fresh installation of EL8 packages, deployed VM from newly created template on a newly created network; tested VM, volume & network lifecycles using both mbx & health check tests passing w/Trillian/BO
  *
Tested upgrade from 4.19.0.2 EL8 to 4.19.1.0 RC1 EL8 pkgs using mbx; tested upgrading systemvms, VRs (with/without cleanup and live patch on an isolated network; deployed new VM & volumes and tested old ones)
  *
Felt dangerous and upgraded my CloudStack 4.19.0.2 homelab to 4.19.1.0 RC1 using deb packages (hope there are no major blockers to piss off wife :))
     *
Upgrade went OK on the three Ubuntu 22.04 based 3xKVM hosts
     *
I hit an issue with idempotent routines missing on cloud_usage db (borrowed them from mbx env with: mysqldump --no-create-db --no-create-info --no-data --routines cloud_usage > cloud_usage-routines.sql ; and applied this in my homelab env; likely my fault while moving DB servers and forgot the -R option where I forgot to backup the routines)
     *
Tested homelab storage: nfs, local storage & ceph - OK; hosts upgraded OK;
     *
Post upgrade, after deleting systemvms I found the SSVM & CPVM starting to be stuck. I restarted the mgmt server and after a while the SSVM came up but the CPVM was stuck. I repeated the same, but again SSVM came up but CPVM struggle and after a few agent restarts it came up eventually.
     *
Post this, tested several VM, volume and network lifecycles worked OK

I've logged the issue here - https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/9371 to triage further if it's an issue in RC1 or to help investigate if it was an env issue. I'm happy to change my vote to a +1 if it's just my env issue.

Regards.