Prachi and I had a look at this, I should have pasted the entire output of the
deploydb command - in Prachi's env we see that the mysql-connector.jar is
getting copied over to the deps/ directory, but I see this warning in the
beginning when I run deploydb:

[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for
org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-api:jar:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT
[WARNING]
'dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)'
 must be unique: mysql:mysql-connector-java:jar -> duplicate declaration of
version ${cs.mysql.version} @ org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT,
/root/mywork/cloudstack/asf/latest/cloudstack/pom.xml, line 278, column 19
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for
org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack:pom:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT
[WARNING]
'dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)'
 must be unique: mysql:mysql-connector-java:jar -> duplicate declaration of
version ${cs.mysql.version} @ line 278, column 19
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten
the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support
building such malformed projects.
[WARNING]

Any idea why this is happening?

The complete output is pasted below:

[root@vijay-vm1 cloudstack]# mvn -e -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8787
[INFO] Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING]
[...]
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache CloudStack Developer Mode 4.2.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- properties-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-2:read-project-properties
(default) @ cloud-developer ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.3:process (default) @
cloud-developer ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (default) @ cloud-developer ---
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO]
[INFO] >>> exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (create-schema) @ cloud-developer >>>
[INFO]
[INFO] <<< exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (create-schema) @ cloud-developer <<<
[INFO]
[INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (create-schema) @ cloud-developer ---
(org.springframework.core.env.StandardEnvironment).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more
info.
========> WARNING: Provided file does not exist:
/root/mywork/cloudstack/asf/latest/cloudstack/developer/developer-prefill.sql.override
========> Initializing database=cloud with host=localhost port=3306
username=cloud password=cloud
============> Running query: drop database if exists `cloud`
SQL exception in trying initDB: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found
for jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
[root@vijay-vm1 cloudstack]#

Regards,
Vijay