I have seen people ignoring a failure, but they had (good?) reason.
The build has been failing for other reason then their code.

another point is that the present implementation doesn't retry a
build, afaik. and it should retry after each new upload, not regarding
whether it failed or succeeded before.

Then we will encounter crossing patches at some point. I know I will
with this vpc thingy I want; two patches might build both on a given
HEAD , but not in combination :} I don't think we will fix that
scenario some time soon.

So I think it's what we all want, but still on the horizon.