next step:

$ pip install /cygdrive/h/CloudStack/Marvin-0.1.0-1507.tar.gz
Downloading/unpacking requests (from Marvin==0.1.0)
  Downloading requests-1.2.3.tar.gz (348kB): 348kB downloaded
  Running setup.py egg_info for package requests
Cleaning up...
Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code -11 in
/tmp/pip_build_dhoogland/requests
Storing complete log in /cygdrive/h/.pip/pip.log

so I did this by hand:
$ pip install requests

which succeeded.????
but still the command above fails with the error on requests-1.2.3