Yeah, I'll dig into it more.  I think I understand a bit that vmware api is
just a bunch of generics objects, so another library on top to create types on
top of it helps.  So I'll look at it more.  In the end I'm still going to
probably have reservations about 1) a custom XML/soap framework 2) a third
party maintained later between us and vmware (sorta like libvirt-java always
behind and incomplete with native libvirt).  So it just depends on if the nicer
api is worth the risk of the other things.  I don't think vmwares api changes
much, and you can always get to the generic objects so maybe my concerns are
moot.

Darren