My comments are inline:

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok, let me digest this a bit. I got the github responses but I'd also
> like to keep it on-list as well.
>
>  My initial thoughts are:
>
> 1) I don't think disk format and size are necessary parameters for
> connectPhysicalDisk, as the format can be determined by the adaptor,
> and the size is set during the createAsync call in the plugin. We
> really just need the disk path and the pool.

[Mike T.] I agree, format is not needed. The only reason I have size passed
in is because I need to create a KVMPhysicalDisk at the end of the connect
method. Since this KVMPhysicalDisk is (in the code on GitHub) being used to
create our XML to attach the disk, I figured we'd need that size. The
KVMPhysicalDisk I produce from my implementation of getPhysicalDisk is not
as good because I don't know the size of the disk at this point (I don't
keep that information around). The reason I don't keep that info around is
because I don't have a good way to reproduce that info if the KVM host is
rebooted. We get info about storage pools in the form of a
ModifyStoragePoolCommand, but nothing about the volumes inside of the
storage pool.

> 2) I thought this access group thing you mention are the grantAccess
> and revokeAccess calls in the storage plugin 2.0 design doc. Was that
> not implemented?

[Mike T.] Yeah, as I mentioned in an e-mail way back, those methods were
never implemented in 4.2. I think you said you were going to get around
them not being implemented by keeping certain logic that talks to the SAN
in the agent. I don't think we want any SolidFire-specific code in the
agent, however, so I can't go that route. If those methods do not get
implemented in 4.3, then I will need to use CHAP credentials for KVM (just
like I did with XenServer and VMware).

> I see you've  added getters/setters for the attach cmd to pass the
> iscsi info you need. Would it perhaps be possible to send a details
> Map<String, String> instead? Then any plugin implementer could attach
> arbitrary data they need. So it might be
> connectPhysicalDisk(StoragePoolType type, String poolUuid, String
> volPath, Map<String, String> details)?  I'll have to look and see
> where those cmd. attributes are set, ideally it would be all the way
> back in the plugin to avoid custom code for every adaptor that wants
> to set details.

[Mike T.] If I'm not using the volumes.path field for anything, I can stick
the IQN in volumes.path (as well as leaving it in volumes.iscsi_name, which
is used elsewhere). That way we only have to ask for getPath().