CHAP credentials are per SolidFire/CloudStack account. A volume on the
SolidFire SAN belongs to an account. I have a one-to-one mapping between a
CloudStack account and a SolidFire account.

As far as Volume Access Groups (VAGs) go, I'm not sure what kind of limits
they have.

I'd hate to have, say, 10,000 KVM hosts all stuck in the same VAG...each
host having access (technically) to, say, 20,000 volumes.

VAGs can be created as needed, though...and you can add and remove
hosts/volumes from them as need be.