On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 04:21:38PM +0200, Daan Hoogland wrote:
> H,
>
> I have some trouble getting marvin to connect to cloudstack over https.
> I am supposing the following should work
>     conn = cloudConnection(mgmtip, apiKey=apikey,
> securityKey=secretkey, logging=log, port=443, scheme="https")
>     lz = listZones.listZonesCmd()
>     conn.marvin_request(lz)
>
> is this a valid assumption?
>
> I can browse to the https://<mgmtip>/client/ and login to retrieve the
> keys used, but on running the code above i get
>
> requests.exceptions.ConnectionError:
> HTTPSConnectionPool(host='10.200.23.16', port=443): Max retries
> exceeded with url:
> /client/api?apiKey=JGvIQPeIVsbgEhVC3shZ51r9buYwClB4ToJZX9Cxs9e3NZbRoJLNyANnWEKgsmgt1uoF_eLdL31GHMwcss6Zyw&command=listZones&signature=KL93r9GYIr6%2FRcbNHuaOj3jUF6o%3D&response=json
> (Caused by <class 'socket.error'>: [Errno 111] Connection refused)

In the loglevel() method in CloudConnection.py, switch the logging to
logging.DEBUG. That will spew out more verbose logging as to what's
happening here.

I've never tried it on an https enabled cloudstack so there might be a
bug. Does cloudmonkey work for you on this endpoint? If yes, then I
don't see why marvin shouldn't. Both use the same request mechanism.

--
Prasanna.,