>From a kvm standpoint, a cluster has admin-defined meaning. Its not always
going to map to some externally defined cluster.  I can make my whole data
center a cluster, and not use zone-wide storage, or still use zone wide
storage. If you have zone-wide storage, maybe you want to keep VMs within
small defined clusters for some non-storage reason. It makes sense to me to
keep the cluster as an entity that confines where a vm can run, regardless
of zone wide storage, otherwise is there a purpose to it at all? Maybe we
can offer a migrate vm between cluster function if zone-wide is in use?
Also keep in mind that there's a pod level. You'd still need to be in the
same pod if you wanted to jump between clusters.