On 30 okt. 2013, at 02:09, Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> First, I like the idea of consolidating logic.  I could see also
> implementing this as just an abstract base class that handles this
> common logic.  I'm not sure which approach I prefer.  Exactly what is
> the problem that you are trying to solve?  Without more details, I'd
> lean towards implementing this logic in an abstract base class that
> all NetworkGurus can choose to extend.

Not as much a problem as a design choice. It is my intention to use
capabilities to select the NetworkGuru instead of asking each network guru in
turn if it wants to design the network. The idea here is that new network gurus
only need to supply a list of capabilities to be integrated into cloudstack.
Like i can handle isolation type X in advanced networks for traffic type Guest.
The network orchestrator can make an informed decision on who to give the task
(and warn if there is more than one capable)