It may be an admin burden, but it has to be optional. There are other ways
to achieve global sync (e.g., LDAP/AD/Oauth).
A lot of service providers who run cloudstack have their own user database
/ portal. In their implementations the CloudStack database is not the
master source of user records, but a slave.