Yes, a schema fix in point release is kind of messy. If it has to be
that way then perhaps we just flag it in the known issues so people
can skip 4.2.x if they utilize the acls api calls.

 5214 doesn't really require a schema change, just a fix to how the
schema is upgraded. Adding 'IF NOT EXISTS' won't change the end
result, so that's probably ok to put into 4.2.1.