Yes that is the current behaviour. All hosts in a cluster should be owned by a
single MS. In case when agent load balancing is enabled (agent.lb is set to
true), this constraint no longer holds and the hosts in a cluster may get split
across multiple MS.
If you look at the 'host' table there is a field 'mgmt_server_id' which
indicates the MS owning the host. Any commands to this host will always get
routed via the owning MS.

-Koushik