Hi Abhinav!

On 12/23/2013 05:27 PM, Abhinav Koppula wrote:
Hi all,

I am Abhinav Koppula, a senior undergraduate student pursuing my Bachelors
in India. I am interested in contributing towards the Apache CloudStack
project. I would be really glad if anyone could guide me on how I can get
started.
Also, I wanted to know if there are any pre-requisites(in terms of computer
science concepts) which I need to cover before starting off.

Well, we don't require anything. You can start contributing right away if you want to.

I am skilled in Java but however I do not have prior experience of working
on cloud computing platforms. What books/resources should I refer which
would help me in understanding the code-base easily?

There are no real books on CloudStack and how to code for it. This is impossible to write at this moment since a lot changes in CloudStack.

I recommend you start with cloning the source and you start to understand the code.

Are there any particular things you want to work on? If so, we can point you in to the right direction to where to look.

Wido

Thanks,
Abhinav Koppula