Thank you for your help pointing me in the right direction on this one.

Just a note.  Interestingly, I was able to get it to deploy using the
following in my devcloud.cfg (as per hints in that bug).

"ipranges": [
    {
        "startip": "192.168.80.100",
        "endip": "192.168.80.199",
        "netmask": "255.255.255.0",
        "vlan": "",
        "gateway": "192.168.80.2"
    }
],

I am not sure if it is going to work as if it is untagged (or work at all
in practice), but it deployed.  Figured it is relevant if this is blocking
other people deploying and testing unrelated functionality.