Hi Tuna, Chiradeep,

I am still struggling to make GRE isolation work in our test environment.
Here is where we are at the moment with GRE testing.
We have tried so far:

- CS 4.2.0 with XenServer 6.2
- CS 4.1.1 with XenServer 6.1

In both setups above, we see in CS management log:
---
2014-01-20 12:06:07,092 WARN  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
(DirectAgent-3:null) createandConfigureTunnelNetwork failed
The server failed to handle your request, due to an internal error.  The given
message may give details useful for debugging the problem.
---

and on XenServer xensource.log:

---
Jan 20 11:52:33 xenserver-129 xapi: [error|xenserver-129|818 INET
0.0.0.0:80|VIF.plug R:b57831dbf21a|xenops] Re-raising as INTERNAL_ERROR [
Object with type extra and id 267a5237-5238-4850-9601-a5017e2be9b2 does not
exist in xenopsd ]
---

The error happens when it tries to plug a VIF into dom0.

We have then tried:

- CS 4.2.1 + Tuna's patch (https://reviews.apache.org/r/12445/diff/#0) with
XenServer 6.2

>From my understanding the patch is skipping VIF plug into dom0 on XCP
>platforms among other things (XenServer being an XCP platform). We can see now
>the VM coming up and virtual router running.
However, the GRE tunnel is still not configured, the functions
"ovs_setup_bridge" and "create_tunnel" in ovstunnel script don't seem to be
invoked.

I was wondering if you could help us with a bit of information such as:

1.  Could you provide us a configuration known to work ? This means:
       - CS version, XenServer version
       - physical interfaces setup on XenServer (which interfaces are used,
labelling information, IP information)
       - physical interfaces configuration in CS (IP ranges, GW, ...)

2. How does the internal network in the XenServer  look like in the GRE
isolation setup (network list, VIF list and how they are connected) ? Is this
described in a design document ?
     What about VIF plugging to dom0 ? Is that actually necessary, if so why ?

Many thanks in advance !

Best Regards,
Florin