Hugo,

  I went and looked at several support tickets that were filed.
Filed this ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5914
summarising the issue.
There was a good amount of affect that went into troubleshooting this and
finally nailing it to Java version.

Several test were done in various environments to nail it down. I was not
able to find enough information to nail it to a particular java known
issues or get enough information to file a bug against java version 1.6.2.
Since, internally we are convinced that this is a serious issue we will go
ahead with the fix, I will put the patch for review for ASF.

-abhi