After discussion with my colleagues  questions about initial
configuration of the open network redundant routers and the
applicability of the existing bash scripts (cloud-early-config) to the
setup of VPC redundant routers have generated.

Some setup first: In the bash script cloud-early-config there is a
function named setup_redundant_router which makes copies of several
template files. The template files are used to configure keepalived
and conntrackd. The template copies are edited, via sed editor, using
environment variables ($ROUTER_PR, $ETH0_IP,$NAME, etc.)  which are
obtained from the kernel of the current running linux image using the
virtual file system /proc/cmdline.

I'm sure keepalived and conntrackd  can be used for starting and
control of VPC redundant routers. However the setup of keepalived and
conntrackd for VPC needs setup parameters which are dynamic because a
VPC can have N number of redundant router pairs, not just the fixed
number parsed from proc/cmdline in the running kernel.

Am I correct in this analysis?

If so, given the dynamic nature of the VPC redundant router
configurations: Is using a setup_VPC_redundant_router bash function,
similar to the existing open network function mentioned above, the
most appropriate way to setup the keepalived or conntrackd
configuration files for VPC redundant routers in the
cloud-early-script? It seems to me reading the parameters from the
kernel will require a unwieldy set of kernels to match the N private
network redundant router pairs configured by the enduser.

Comments, questions, clarifications?

Karl