All,

Here's what I've got so far with partitioning the problem.

There are 3 main areas I've found so far along with a proposal for
implementation.

Keepalived:

As Is:

Current VRR network configuration setup is assumed by the existing code to
be static. A single Keepalived config template file is edited at router VM
boot time. The script cloud-early-config.sh and other BASH scripts are used
to edit the template. The output of the edits is a keepalived.conf file
used to configure the Keepalived application when the router VM boots.

Desired:

Ability (API, Java wrapper?) to  configure/reconfigure Keepalived as the
number of NIC's and other parameters change, a type of CRUD functionality
along with start/stop/restart, which will allow the configuration state of
network to be realized in the CloudStack database and NOT embedded
statically in a combination of keepalived.conf.tmpl, hypervisorbased VM
images and the actual edited keepalived.conf file.  The operational state
of the network is obviously kept by keepalived and conntrackd as well at
the virtual router application itself.

Conntrackd:

As Is:
Current Router state is managed by Conntrackd which is setup similarly to
Keepalived using cloud-early-config.sh BASH script.

Desired:

Similarly to keepalived above: Ability (API, Java wrapper?) to do
CRUD,start,stop,restart on Conntrackd network configuration.

CloudStack Java code:

As is:

CloudStack only allows Virtual redundant routers for a single, static
configuration for public networks mainly because of the lack of the ability
to the existing code to dynamically
change the configuration of the keepalived and conntrackd applications. As
mentioned in a previous thread, it appears most, if not all, of the JAVA
code used for public network redundant routers is available to use for
implementation of VPC virtual redundant routers if the ability to
dynamically reconfigure the network configuration of  keepalived and
conntrackd can be realized. Obviously additions to the JAVA code will need
to be made to utilize the new CRUD functionality for keepalived and
contrackd. As mentioned previously most if not all of the information is
already in the MySQL database accessible via DAO/VO's

Desired:

CloudStack to be able to manipulate the keepalived and conntrackd
applications to allow for dynamic configuration of VPC networks(s) which
require virtual redundant router capability.

Comments on this partitioning of the issues?

Did I miss any major part?