On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 06:44:07AM +0000, Santhosh Edukulla wrote:
> Team,
>
> Do we have any issues if we remove dpeloy\load options from
> marvinPlugin? Iam assuming users wanted to use deployDC can still
> use other options available i.e.., deployDC etc.
>
> So, we just use marvinplugin to run only tests either list of suites
> or individual suites? Let me know.
>
> EX:
> 1. nosetests-2.7 -v --with-marvin
> --marvin-config=/root/softwares/cscode/setup/dev/advanced.cfg -w
> /tmp/checkfew/ -a tags=advanced :: Here, no load\deploy option. We
> just use the config provided and run suites under the provided
> directory.
>
> 2. nosetests-2.7 -v --with-marvin
> --marvin-config=/root/softwares/cscode/setup/dev/advanced.cfg
> /tmp/checkfew/test_x.py -a tags=advanced ::: Here, no load\deploy
> option, we just use the config provided and run one single suite.

It's nice to have the ability to deploy and re-deploy the datacenter.
In fact, it would be nicer to extended the deployer to also export the
entire deployment model into json format. That way I can feed back the
exported JSON and repeat my tests on a new deployment.

What would happen to the deployer if marvin can only run test suites?
This will potentially break few nice parts like - working on devcloud
with a choice of configuration, work with the simulator as well.

Any motivation besides code restructuring?

--
Prasanna.,