From: Trippie [mailto:trip...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Hugo Trippaers
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:18 PM
To: <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 (sixth round)

Animesh,

Before we agree to use these templates, please detail how these are build. The
current process is not transparent to the developer community so for now i'm -1
on using these templates. The process should be clear end-to-end before we can
reasonably be expected to vote on a release as the templates are an integral
part of the release and should include scripts and artifacts from the release
being voted on.

As demonstrated by the bugs found in CLOUDSTACK-5883 the procedure that is
currently part of our community template build process is not the actual
procedure used to build the systemVMs that are made available to the community.
Before we proceed with the release we need to make sure that the systemvm build
is part of the community process and thus part of the vote we are having. How
can we reasonably expect somebody to vote on a release when part of the release
is not done in the open?

Cheers,

Hugo