[Animesh] Rajani releases are actually planned well ahead. Please check out the
Release page for 4.3
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Cloudstack+4.3+Release
The planning is straight forward with our time baaed releases

> I feel it should start much earlier. Everyone who is actively involved should
> have a clear idea on what we are going to release next.
> We do this to an extent by sending proposals etc. but we really dont do
> planning and the big picture is missing.

[Animesh] The plan is published and socialized check out how it was done for 4.3
http://markmail.org/message/7hnkyphpz5hkk6rm

I think with 4.3 multiple RCs, 4.4 got rushed in and we did not see the plan
and the feature freeze came in. Daan/Hugo are yet to setup the plan for 4.4