inline

On 02-Apr-2014, at 11:06 AM, Sowmya Krishnan <sowmya.krish...@citrix.com>
 wrote:

> Thanks for the FS Koushik. I think these enhancements would greatly help in
> enhancing our test suite, including performance tests.
> I have few questions/comments:
>
> 1. You mention about simulating a fixed fault/ fixed failure. Does this mean
> that when I configure simulator to fail it always keeps failing for that
> command until I re-configure it to succeed? Or is there a way I can say, "a
> command should fail X % of the time"?
[Koushik] Depends on how you configure it. If count is specified, it will fail
for that many times. If it is not specified then it will keep on failing till
the time you clean it up.

> 2. Can I have different delays configured across different hosts/Clusters for
> the same command?
[Koushik] Yes. You need to create a separate configuration/mock for each
specific host/cluster as required.

> 3. I believe I can configure a responseType to be a fail/fault and at the
> same time define a responseJSON as well in tandem with the fault/failure.
[Koushik] Once you specify the JSON, response is already fixed. The logic is to
simply deserialize the JSON and return it back to the upper layers.

> 4. IIRC, delay is in ms presently. For certain commands like PingCommand,
> even 1 sec might be a high value. For some of my performance tests, I've used
> much lesser delay for such commands of the order of ms.
[Koushik] Yes.

> 5. Is there an ability to simulate fault for a specific storage/host? For
> example, I have 5 storages in my cluster but I want to simulate failure for 3
> of the storage pools. Is that possible?

[Koushik] Good point. I will add storage pool also into the scope.