Hi Hugo,

For the 4.4 release, I extended managed storage to support a 1:1 mapping
between a CloudStack root disk and a backend volume (in my case, a SAN
volume) when using XenServer.

This 1:1 mapping paves the way for enabling guaranteed QoS for root disks
(I have the same support in place already for data disks for XenServer,
VMware, and KVM).

I have code in already to support this on VMware; however, I'm currently
discovering VMware behavior that I didn't previously know existed (I've
been talking with Kelven about this). Based on the results on our
conversation, I'll know if it's a simple matter or not to patch up my
VMware logic to support a 1:1 root-disk mapping in 4.4, as well (otherwise
that will end up in 4.5). All of my VMware testing for this worked, but it
was conducted with storage code running inside of the CS MS. I was unaware
that this kind of storage-related code for VMware can also run inside of a
SSVM.

Thanks!
Mike

--