CloudStack changed password encoding in 4.2 (I believe, but I seem to
remember, but can't find documentation that it changed in 4.1) such that it
no longer assumes that passwords are MD5s coming in. It instead expects
that passwords are passed as plain text and are encoded by CS internally
according to how it is configured to store passwords. Documentation is at:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html#password-storage-engine

This threw me off as well and applies to both logins and user/account
create.

Thanks,

-Nate

--

*Nate Gordon*Director of Technology | Appcore - the business of cloud
computing®

Office +1.800.735.7104  |  Direct +1.515.612.7787
nate.gor...@appcore.com  |  www.appcore.com

The information in this message is intended for the named recipients only.
It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking
of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, do not print it or
disseminate it or its contents. In such event, please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete the e-mail file immediately thereafter. Thank you.