Your commit 5e80e5d33d9a295b91cdba9377f52d9d963d802a actually does the fix
mgmt server side and makes this patch irrelevant, as we are now passing a
proper vlan:// in this command. However, Daan's fix will make the data in
the db consistent for upgraders and fresh installers, which will fix this
and all other bugs like it.