Thanks for that reminder, David!

OK, so, per David's e-mail reference, it looks like the intent of
x.y-forward is what I referred to as option 2:

4.4-forward contains changes that might go into 4.4 (if a cherry pick is
requested) and changes that would go into 4.4.1, should such a release ever
be made.

We can - of course - debate if this is still what we want to do; however, I
would say - for 4.4 - we should treat 4.4-forward the way we described in
this previous e-mail. In other words, do not assume 4.4-forward will
eventually be equal to 4.4 before 4.4 is released. 4.4-forward should be
used for fixes that need to make their way into 4.4 and for fixes that do
not need to be in 4.4, but rather in 4.4.1, should such a release ever
happen.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com