Hi Silvano,

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Silvano Nogueira Buback <
silv...@corp.globo.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I work at Globo.com, a media company in Brazil. Here we use a cloudstack
> private network with an advanced zone setup (isolated vlans).
>
> For some couple of reasons, the name of virtual machine needs to be
> available not only on virtual router network context, but on our internal
> DNS servers.
>
> Our proposal is integrate cloudstack (v 4.5) with DNS server (Bind server)
> thru an open source API written by globo.com called DNSAPI. More info at
> https://github.com/globocom/Dns-Api.

Thanks for the proposal.

I recommend that you document your design goals in 4.5 or above design docs
wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/4.5+Design+Documents

I saw the video you shared, it looked seamless but I could not figure out
how the ACS plugin interacts with the DNS provider. The API library you
mentioned is written in Ruby, so how does it integrate or work with the dns
plugin in ACS, is it over HTTP or RPC/Thrift?

Regards.