Hey David,

On 11-Aug-2014, at 3:24 pm, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

> Hi folks;
>
> So we haven't had anyone step up to be release manager for 4.5 yet. So
> you consider this either a threat or me volunteering depending on your
> perspective. :)

Awesome, go for it!

> If no one else steps up by midweek I'm happy to be the RM for 4.5. My
> plan would be to likely hit feature freeze nearly immediately, and
> pick up the schedule from there; but I don't want to distract from
> Daan's 4.4.1 work.
>
> If I do end up taking this on, I'd like to take it as an opportunity
> to figure out/put into practice a good, workable git workflow, so I'll
> probably be asking Rajani, Rohit, and Leo for some
> guidance/suggestions as we move forward.

I would like to have all the CloudStack contributor companies and their
sponsored developers give their best to help make Apache CloudStack releases
more “stable" by testing and better release-participation so when they fork out
commercial distributions from opensource ones they’ll have to give less effort
in testing/maintaining their commercial distributions.

I guess the git-flow thing is pretty much not what we want “as it is”, and we
want to be able to support both opensource and commercial branches. So I
started a thread on the "cherry-pick vs merge --ff and getting release branch
more participation” workflow which I think would also try to address my above
suggestion and that you commit and test on opensource repo/branch first --
which I think no ones has objected till now. I’ll start a voting thread on it
soon.

Cheers,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com

CloudStack Infrastructure
Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company
incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape
Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from