I am not sure it's towards the "ideal" solution or not.
I think all we agree that current code quality control has issues(no CI, no
code review). If the assumption is true,
then how we gonna solve the issues?
There is proposal to add gerrit as code review, but rejected by community due
to issues related to Apache policy.
Another Apache project is following github pull request model:
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/GitWorkflow, we could adopt this model as well,
if gerrit is impossible.
So you see, above two proposals have different git work flow, but they both
lead to the same goal(more control on the code quality).
Without thinking about the big picture, it's really not that useful to change
our current work flow.
If the community can agree on the basic issue(no CI, no code review) we have
today, then we can move on the fix it.