Logan

For sometime now, idea was kicked around of extending VR services where it can take custom configurations.

In theory, VR should be driven via config management tool (i.e. puppet, salt, chef, ansible - or whatever works).

Instead of hacking this in portions, perhaps you can spend sometime analizing how VR is build and how you we can extend the functionality via external config management.

For example, when vrouter comes up, because we already have ssh keys dropped on each VR, just on this premise alone - we can do just about anything. I'm thinking salt or ansible would be a better solution as it is SSH driven and agentless.

Try porting your changes into salt or ansible (or anything else agentless) and propose a framework on how we can enhance this.

I'm thinking, for each Account (as it gets a VR), we need to have a ansible config file that will be pushed through once VR comes up to configure remaining custom bits/components to your liking.

Thoughts?

regards
ilya