Hi all,

I'm new to the cloudstack community, but i'm a seasoned developer and
systems engineer and i'm sure i'll be able to help out a lot :)

I've just started on getting cloudstack running on Centos 7.1 and noticed
many problems, which make it NOT work out of the box.

I'll be doing a series of fixes and submitting the code for review, since
i'm not a commiter yet, if no one else is working on this.

I've seen that there's a branch called centos7-rpm which is already merged
with master, but there hasn't been any activity on that on the last six
months, so i guess it's currently stale.

Perhaps some of these things that i spotted were working on 7.0, but i
haven't tested it out on that version yet.. ideally we can make specs that
work on ANY 7.x version and not have a spec file for every minor release.

One of the things i immediately noticed (that is present in all
centos/fedora specs, not just centos7) is the following:

%define __os_install_post %{nil}
%global debug_package %{nil}

# DISABLE the post-percentinstall java repacking and line number stripping
# we need to find a way to just disable the java repacking and line number
stripping, but not the autodeps

It's easy enough to get the __os_install_post to only do that, but it
shouldn't be disabling autodeps.. rather the rpmbuild's dependency routines
can't find any required external libs in the java or python files :)

Replace:

%define __os_install_post %{nil}

with:

%define __jar_repack %{nil}
%define __debug_package %{nil}

That will do it, as checked in "rpm --showrc", although there won't be much
to be gained with it.

-14: __os_install_post
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-compress
    %{!?__debug_package:
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip %{__strip}
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip-comment-note %{__strip} %{__objdump}
    }
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip-static-archive %{__strip}
    /usr/lib/rpm/brp-python-bytecompile %{__python}
%{?_python_bytecompile_errors_terminate_build}
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-python-hardlink
    %{!?__jar_repack:/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-java-repack-jars}
%{nil}