Hi Vadim,

My first question is why would you want to?

The concept of a VPC is to isolate the VMs on the different Tiers and use ACLs
to pass only the traffic which needs to pass between the Tiers.

However, I have just tested this on 4.4.2 (never tried it before) by taking a
VPC with two tiers with one VM on each, and then adding a NIC to each VM on the
other tier.

It appears to work with the VMs both having NICs on each Tier, and both getting
DHCP info correctly, even after a reboot of VMs and VR.

However the default route is not set correctly and is transposed for each VM,
with the default gateway being allocated on eth1 and not eth0.

Now all that said, whilst CloudStack allows you to do this, in my opinion it
'breaks' the VPC model as you are no longer isolating the VMs on each Tier.

If you really must interconnect the VMs on a VPC bypassing the ACLs then
consider adding a 2nd NIC to each VM linked to an isolated or shared network.
I have tested this in the past, and have just tested again on 4.4.2 and this
works as expected, but why not just configure the ACLs to allow the VMs to
communicate over the required protocols etc.

Whilst it looks the behaviour may have changed in 4.5.1, I do not see this as a
regression as I would consider it an unsupported configuration in the first
place.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com