Hi Pierre,

I understand the Xen limitations, we are here with KVM, and it seems most
of the problems I described, are actually results of our modification to
support v2 auth...

My comments/answer down below :)

On 26 May 2015 at 14:51, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrija,
>
> Swift integration in cloudstack + XenServer require interaction from
> Xenserver to initiate connection to Swift proxies,  this is made using
> /etc/xapi.d/plugins/swiftxen which is a fairly old python script that only
> support Swift api V1.  I've tried to upgrade that script which seams to be
> a generic one from OpenStack, but the Python version running on XenServer
> Dom0 (XS 6.2) is too old to make the new script work :-S.  Maybe it would
> on XS 6.5 ?  I don't know if this would be easily fixed on KVM.
>

> and some correction inline...

>>> auth v

>>> template
>>> we
>>> of
>>> ISO/Template
>>>
>> > - Cant download/extract template/ISO from ACS - by design
>>>

> true only from UI, using the API  the zoneid must *not* be define and the
> UI query using the zoneid.
>

>> > - Cant create volume snapshots (we are checking why...)
>>>

> it work, but it's slower then pure NFS, as the snapshot goes on the
> staging NFS then is upload into swift.

For us its broken, probably because we messed up with systemVM tempate and
v2 auth...

>> > - Cant download volume from Primary (we are checking why...)
>>>

> you mean download button on the UI for a Data disk ?

Yes, download volume from UI... doesnt work.

>> > - Upload VOLUME doesn't work (we are checking why...)
>>>

> Upload templates and iso into cloudstack does work, I suspect you are not
> refering to this.

Correct, templates and ISOs can be uploaded o ACS, but volumes not -
probably we broke this :)

--

Andrija Panić