Well, if just 'discuss' an issue with a security team, it may do you no
good as they will not have all the answers without actually
testing/reviewing
If you ask a security team if you should have a client handled cookie with
credentials they will immediately tell you it's not wise to do so, but they
will probably not guess that the same data is just getting kept in a js
variable or they would also advise against it.
I think that it's clear that my approach improves security and restores
functionality (just read a bit about handling sensitive data on js side and
have a quick look at my code in the PR)
Although this does not propose to be a magical security solution, it DOES
improve on current security and DOES restore a broken functionality.

Feel free to move this to the security list, but ultimately all users
should be able to view the status in the PR.