LS,

We have been improving a lot in terms checking submissions and having
better (as in less) overall mastaer breakage lately. We are not there
yet.

At the moment findbugs has 51 new findings and fails the slowbuild for
that reason. I think a lot of those can be prevented. For the rest we
can attribute them to people/commits. Call it blaming but I know I am
guilty at times and some far better developers then me, as well.

We are not running the slow build on every commit (it is called slow
for a reason) and a lot of people are ignoring the output from it
because it almost always fails. I fixed it in Austin and it now has 51
new findings (when I last looked).

1. One way to handle this is to publish the attribution on this list.
2. Another way is to have a pull request builder do the slow build on
every commit
3. The old proposal was to do the slow build at regular intervals and
revert everything in a failed build. I was one of the people rejecting
it but I put it here to be as complete as possible.

1 is very intensive work but very easily implemented
2 is not much implementation work but requires even more discipline of
committers in their review work.

I feel for both equally strong either way but I think we should make
the next step soon.

thoughts?

--
Daan