Hi all,

The first steps toward IPv6 support [0] had been taken by Sheng Yang in late
2012 / early 2013. [1][2] Since then it has been awfully quite around IPv6. Remi
Bergsma from Schuberg Philis created a design document for IPv6 in VPCs but had
not implemented it yet. [3] I'm going to give a try at implementing IPv6 for
basic zones and lay a good base for IPv6 in VPC's, although the latter will not
be my main concern right now. [4]

In my opinion the code written for IPv6 in the ACS project is a not of very much
help and misses a few concepts. (Besides the basic implementation) MySQL tables
where created for IPv6 in ACS version 4.1 and have thereafter never been
changed.

The question which I would like to ask to all developers:

Do any of you use IPv6 in ACS or know people/parties who use it? The code from
Sheng Yang his ipv6 branch, not a custom implementation.

If none use it I will rewrite it the IPv6 part entirely and start a firm and
clean base, this will include restructuring the IPv6 database tables, concepts
and layout.

Best regards,

Boris Schrijver

TEL: +31633784542