Prakesh,

Thanks for the offer to step in. There are lots of improvements and
refactorings to be made. Made sure you have a good test bed first. At the
moment we are in freeze so getting contributions accepted is hard on  the
beginner.
For starters I would suggest finding the massive blobs (huge methods) in
cloudstack and dissecting them to smaller chunks and writing unit tests for
them. There's a lot of them around. It is a great beginners job for an
experienced dev.
Another one is upgrading dependencies. there is some outdated ones and I am
looking at those but have to little time to get real work done on them. If
you can identify the code using commons-httpclient and can rewrite it to
use (the newer apache) httpclient. that would be great.

I am sure a lot of people can give you a lot of clues. These are a few just
below my agenda ;)

regards,

--
Daan