Hi, David:

I am speaking as a CloudStack user/admin/operator here.

Here is an issue which really really drives me crazy, but should be relatively
easy for a java developer to work on:  improving error log messages!

Here is a specific example: when deploying a VM instance fails, often the error
message simply says “InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create a
deployment”  along with a stack trace, but without any easily understandable
information.  I have encountered this error for at least a dozen different
reasons.  This message really can be improved to provide more context and human
understandable output to help CloudStack admins to troubleshoot the real
problem.

Good luck.

Yiping