Github user rafaelweingartner commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1056#issuecomment-155515107

    @ DaanHoogland, I noticed that the select is limiting the RS in one
element. That is actually my point, if the register does not matter, I would
rather order by id DESC or ASC and not at random (of course, I would maintain
the limit 1 clause); because that way if something happens I think it would be
easier to track the problem.

    Additionally, as you pointed that out, I think if the host == null,
throwing an exception is a better way to go.

    BTW: I was staring at that code now, and something hit me.
    The method
“org.apache.cloudstack.storage.endpoint.DefaultEndPointSelector.selectHypervisorHost(Scope)”
 returns an object “EndPoint” that contains a random host id. If the host
does not matter, why not use the host that we have already loaded in line 113?
We could just check if the attribute “hypervisor_type” is not null for that
host; that is what the select in “selectHypervisorHost” method is doing.

    I also noticed that you created two new exceptions, would not it be better
for us to use the already known “CloudRuntimeException”? Instead of
creating other exception types.
    I think there was a problem with Jenkins, JVM crash ?!
    I will also take a look at PR #1057.

---
with INFRA.
---