On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl> wrote:

> > Op 9 juni 2016 om 15:21 schreef Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion...@apache.org>:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > From the #jenkins slack channel discussion this morning we kind a took a
> > quick action on getting our hands on domain registration for
> > apachecloudstack{.org,.net}
> >
> > So, we also did some DNS updated until we have help from INFRA to use
> > cloudstack.org  which to me make more sense.
> >
> > So we added few dns entry:
> >
> > builds.apachecloudstack.net       => new jenkins to replace
> > jenkins.buildacloud.org
> > download.apachecloudstack.net =>  cname to cloudstack.apt-get.eu
> > artifacts.apachecloudstack.net    => nexus service for the new jenkins
> > system
> >
> > all apachecloudstack.org point to .net
> >

> Great! download.apachecloudstack.net is already working I see :)
>
> Now we just have to make sure that some organization will own these domain
> names instead of a private individual, but that's something for later.

No idea if this is possible within ASF boundaries, but could the ASF own
them, and provide the PMC access to the management of the zone(s)?

I believe ASF use Bind (or similar) with management in puppet, but if
allowed there are cloud solutions that works well and have nice APIs
(CloudFlare is one).

--
Erik