Github user jburwell commented on the issue:

    @serg38 corruption could happen at any point -- it's a ticking time bomb.
From a ACID perspective, this patch fails from a consistency perspective.  All
data being updated must be re-queried and validated in order to ensure the
consistency guarantee is not violated.  In a high volume system, it's not a
matter of if, but when a sequence of events will occur and corrupt the
database.   Bear in mind, these corruptions be in the content of the data and
would not yield a MySQL error.  They will be phenomenon such as phantom rows or
inconsistent data updates

    As I said previously, the only real solution to deadlocks is to fix the way
the system manages transactions and locks.  This patch is merely hiding an
error while creating the potential for far larger problems.

    For these reasons, I remain -1 on merging this patch.

---
with INFRA.
---