It looks like there is interest in GSoC. I saw some posts on Slack about
someone asking for help. I can't find the conversation now but there are
people definitely interested.

I can create a Wiki page of all the proposals till now and then we can
direct people to that page and they can add their name to whatever project
they want to work on.

I know that ASF is registerd as one of the organisations in GSoC. Does this
mean we will participate under the ASF banner? If yes then how does ASF
choose candidates from the different projects? Who can I contact to get
more information?

Then there are student proposals which can be submitted independently. I
believe we don't have worry about this one as these are filled
independently by students.

I will update this post once I have the wiki page with proposed projects.

Thanks,
-Syed