Hi,

I asked this back in April on the Users mailing list and the response
I got was that the usage server should be on by default in the docker
container.  I got sidetracked by other things and am coming back to
this issue.

Is it meant to be running by default? or is there something needed to
do to turn it on in the container?  (wasn't sure if this is a defect,
so thought I'd ask here.)

I use the container as a development tool(to avoid using a real life
system) to test the API out and usage collection is a major part of
what I use the API for.

Steps to reproduce:

(Have docker installed)
$ docker pull cloudstack/simulator
$ docker run --name cloudstack -d -p 8080:8080 cloudstack/simulator
$ docker exec -ti cloudstack python \
/root/tools/marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i /root/setup/dev/advanced.cfg

After a while login to the UI: localhost:8080/client (admin:password)

And usually, after a while, there will be a General Alert saying there
is no Usage Server running.  Even before this message, if I add an
instance, and attempt to collection usage with the API, I don't get
anything back.

Any help?